Through this study, students are provided with an overview of the medico legal aspects of health sciences, components of toxicology and ethics.
- The department works closely with the Bangalore Police and Transport Departments, Government of Karnataka through dedicated workshops and awareness programmes.
- The department is part of the Poison Control team and the Collaborative Child Response unit.
- Students are trained in basic ethical issues and are also introduced to procedures such as post mortem, rape victim examination, rape accused examination and the various kinds of autopsies.
- Postgraduates are trained in medico-legal procedures and responsibilities and crime scene investigation. They have won many awards for scientific presentations in conferences.
- The department conducts the maximum number of autopsies amongst private medical colleges in Karnataka.
Dr. Girish Chandra Y P
Professor & HOD
Dr. Praveen S
Dr. Basappa Hugar
Dr. (Maj)Jayanth S H
Dr. Akshith Raj S Shetty