The pre-clinical department of Physiology studies the ever-changing ways in which the human body functions. Along with Anatomy and Biochemistry, it forms the foundation of basic medical sciences.
- The principle level of focus on physiology is that of organs and systems.
- Students are taught about the molecular and cellular aspects of the human body.
- The course also acquaints students with how the body works on a day-to-day basis as well as what causes disease.
- Students and residents have access to a haematology lab, amphibian lab, mammalian lab and a clinical lab.
- Additionally, there is a lab in neurophysiology, which is used mainly for research. An autonomic function lab also enables diagnostic patient care.
- The department also has complete access to the cardiology lab at the Hospital.
Dr.Preethi B L
Associate Professor & HOD (In Charge)
Dr Roopakala M S