The subject of Radiotherapy revolves around the disease of cancer and aims to be one of the means to cure. The department works closely with Medical and Surgical Oncology.
- Undergraduates start with classes on radiotherapy, nuclear medicine, common cancers like head and neck, breast cancer, and lung cancer, and how to diagnose them.
- Apart from the theory classes, sessions of department visit cover introduction to machines and how patients are treated.
- For the MD programme, residents are required to do workups, and investigate and interpret the results.
- In the 2nd year, they’re allowed to assist and shadow consultants. During the 3rd year they take decisions under supervision. They’re on call 24/7 under emergencies.
- The department practices theme based teaching and learning, one theme a month. This makes the curriculum more wholesome.
- The department integrates with medical oncology, where surgery, medicine and radiotherapy students come together for seminars and workshops.
- The department conducts hands-on workshops on cadaveric brachytherapy, a first of its kind in the world.
- The department has a high-end linear accelerator – Elekta Agility – that is used for treatments like IMRT and VMAT. The department also has an HDR-Brachytherapy.
Dr. Janaki M G
Professor & HOD
Dr. Arul Ponni T R
Dr. Kirthi Koushik A S
Dr. Mohan Kumar S
Dr. Ram Charith Alva
Dr. Lithika Lavanya M
Mrs. T. Revathy
MP Cum RSO