The vast branch of Oncology has found an integrative atmosphere at RMC, with the various super-specialties existing under the same roof.
- The department trains students at the MS level and works in close collaboration with Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy.
- Undergraduates are introduced to the subject of surgical oncology briefly in their curriculum.
- Residents pursuing MS in General Surgery get a clinical posting in the department for one month. During this time, residents observe – as well as assist – in procedures.
- Their learning at this stage is two-fold in nature – a part of it is gained through participation in outpatient rounds and a part through OT experience.
- The department uses a combination of high-end as well as economical equipment to give students a first-hand experience of varied working conditions.
- It also makes use of special retractors that are rare in most colleges.
Dr. Harish K
Professor & HOD , Vice Principal & Associate Dean, RMCH
Dr. Aravind S Kapali