Nephrology is a specialty of Medicine and Pediatrics that concerns itself with the study of normal kidney function, kidney problems, the treatment of kidney problems and renal replacement therapy (dialysis and kidney transplantation).
- The department serves as one of the biggest dialysis centres in India, performing over 3500 dialysis procedures in a month.
- DM Nephrology residents learn through theory classes, OPD rounds and regular bedside teaching. Topics covered in-depth during this course include general nephrology, renal replacement therapy, renal biopsy, kidney transplants and CAPD.
- The department works closely with Urology, Vascular Surgery and Pathology.
- It has a dedicated Hypertension Clinic.
- The department also has access to the Advanced Learning Center (ALC).
- It has a daily OPD for outdoor patients and day-care facilities for all age groups, a well-equipped hemodialysis unit, monitoring of the critically ill, hemodialysis in critical care units, Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), and Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) and CAPD training facilities for end-stage renal failure patients.
Dr. Mahesh E
Professor & HOD
Dr. K C Gurudev
Dr. Gireesh M S
Dr. Pooja Prakash Prabhu
Dr. Mohammad Yousuff