Oto-Rhino-Laryngology is the study of Ear, Nose and Throat conditions or ENT. It is also referred to as Head and Neck Surgery or Otorhinolaryngology.
- Apart from Ear, Nose and Throat surgeries, the department also performs Head, Neck and Skull base surgeries.
- Students learn how to examine a patient, and experience audio-visual interactions with faculty during surgical procedures.
- Along with observation of procedures such as nasal endoscopy and laryngoscopy, students also need to present cases and participate in follow-up discussions with the faculty.
- Training for PG residents is mostly through clinical practice. They are allowed to perform some basic procedures under the guidance of faculty and senior residents.
- They are also encouraged to learn through observation at the OT. During the 3-year training period, residents learn to manage patients in the emergency and other wards.
- Residents are posted to Surgical Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Dental, Anesthesia, and Speech and Hearing Centre.
- The Department of ENT boasts of modern equipment that can be used to perform a plethora of surgeries including micro ear surgeries, hearing restoration surgeries, skull based surgeries, and head and neck surgeries.
- A modern audio-visual setup assists residents and interns in surgical observations.
- Students and residents also have access to the ALC, where they receive hands-on training in cadaveric dissection.
Dr. Chandra Kiran C
Professor & HOD
Dr. Sanjay B Patil
Dr. Harshavardhan N Reddy
Dr. Surya Prakash D R
Dr. Soujanya Balaraj
Dr. Sumanth K.R
Dr. Aishwarya Sridhar